Our Daily Bread

As I approach Medicare age I find myself reaching toward a light; sometimes with arms straining; many times eyes squinting; and I'm running in place until I hear a message from God. I need to be more focused and less awkward when making my way towards salvation.

When I'm giving thanks to God, I also ask that He allow me to become kind, gentle, humble and understanding. More like Him and less a shrew! I then open my journal and read the meditation below, published by an unknown author:

"Imagine that you are a mighty tree in a beautiful garden. The leaves and the branches of the tree represent your emotions and memories. Some of the leaves are just sprouting, and some are withered and ready to fall off. Every leaf is there for a reason, as every emotion is in you for a reason. Acknowledge the negative as well as the positive. Just as it is natural for leaves to fall and wither, it is natural for your emotions to come and go. You don't have to judge your emotional experiences or hang on to them. Let them go. The tree knows exactly what to do to flourish. It can live for a thousand years. A tree's branches extend far into the world around it. When a wind storm occurs, it bends its branches so they won't break. If one of the branches is diseased, it will break and fall into the the soil to be recycled."

The words continue to bring me hope each new day.