An Official Press Release
Writer’s Digest Magazine has awarded Sandra Bellissimo, a resident of Whitefish, Honorable Mention for her memoir entitled, “I’m Tired and I’m Wearing Yesterday’s Mascara.” Two thousand words of the manuscript were entered into the 77th Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition in May 2008. Magazine officials report they received over 17,000 contest entries and competition this year was formidable. Excerpts of Sandra’s manuscript were submitted to the Memoirs/Personal Essay category. In addition to a Certificate of Achievement, Ms. Bellissimo received a letter of congratulations from Maria Schneider, the editor of Writer's Digest.
Sandra Bellissimo is a columnist for Montana Woman Magazine under the pen name of Ja’Nee Newman. She has written for the Kalispell-based publication for five years, and refers to her memoir in many articles. Sandra has also had an opportunity to write for 406 Woman Magazine using her given name.
Volume I of the manuscript (Years 1964-1984) is currently being marketed to publishers in Arizona; California; New York; and Montana.
Sandra Bellissimo is a columnist for Montana Woman Magazine under the pen name of Ja’Nee Newman. She has written for the Kalispell-based publication for five years, and refers to her memoir in many articles. Sandra has also had an opportunity to write for 406 Woman Magazine using her given name.
Volume I of the manuscript (Years 1964-1984) is currently being marketed to publishers in Arizona; California; New York; and Montana.