My Thoughts: Truth

When I opened my e-mail this morning I found a note from my favorite mother-in-law and it made me chuckle. I cannot turn back time no matter what Cher says, and although I try hard to soften the lines around my eyes and mouth, the truth is AGING is here and I can't shake it off. So I open my arms, open my mind, and give thanks for another day in sunny Whitefish MT and laugh while I read the nuggets below:

~ You and your teeth don't sleep together.

~ Your back goes out, but you stay home.

~ You wake up looking like your driver's license picture.

~ It takes two tries to get up from the couch.

~ Your idea of a night out is sitting on the patio.

~ Happy hour is a nap.

~ It takes longer to rest than it did to get tired.

~ Your memory is shorter and your complaining is longer.

~ Your address book has mostly names that start with DR.

~ The pharmacist has become you new best friend.

~ Getting lucky means you found your car in the parking lot.

~ It takes twice as long to look half as good.

~ Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work.

~ You look for your glasses for a half an hour, and then find that they were on your head all the time.

~ You sink your teeth into a steak --- and they stay there.

~ You get two invitations to go out on the same night, and you pick the one that gets you home the earliest.

~ You give up all your bad habits and you still don't feel good.

~ You confuse having a clear conscience with having a bad memory.