My Thoughts: Fireworks
A friend recently told me that she doesn't know how to communicate with her husband. She doesn't want to scream; she doesn't want to yell; she doesn't want to threaten; she doesn't want to talk. I guess she thinks it will just go away and one day she and hubby will freely communicate and all will be well. She is so very wrong, but I write it off to her age and due to the fact she's been married less than a year.
In my opinion, if you have no communication with your partner and there is no intimacy in your marriage, I don't believe it will last without a tremendous amount of resentment. It's the elephant in the room. You know the relationship is suffering a flat line on the register; conversation is sporadic yet civil; you step on eggshells around your spouse; you know all their stories; you air kiss them goodnight; and the only time the marital bed squeaks is when the dog climbs in.
So why does someone stay in an unhappy marriage? I believe it's because two people have built a home together; have history that no one else can understand; have hope that this too shall pass. In the scheme of things, one year of sad marriage doesn't blow out the other nine or nineteen years.
But, still, sometimes a Mr/Mrs will miss the fireworks of a passionate union.
In my opinion, if you have no communication with your partner and there is no intimacy in your marriage, I don't believe it will last without a tremendous amount of resentment. It's the elephant in the room. You know the relationship is suffering a flat line on the register; conversation is sporadic yet civil; you step on eggshells around your spouse; you know all their stories; you air kiss them goodnight; and the only time the marital bed squeaks is when the dog climbs in.
So why does someone stay in an unhappy marriage? I believe it's because two people have built a home together; have history that no one else can understand; have hope that this too shall pass. In the scheme of things, one year of sad marriage doesn't blow out the other nine or nineteen years.
But, still, sometimes a Mr/Mrs will miss the fireworks of a passionate union.