My Thoughts: I've Got What it Takes

I watched the last two hours of Titanic last night and one phrase Jack & Rose said numerous times at the end of the film was "Never give up; never let go." At this time of my life those words lift me and make me stronger.

It was challenging to smile and welcome yet another birthday when I was permanently laid off just 14 days prior. It was difficult to tell the grandchildren no Made in Montana gifts this year due to my unemployment status. It was heartbreaking to have to open the mail box and see there was no unemployment insurance check there waiting for me. It was humbling to go on yet another job interview and know my cover letter and resume was battling it out with dozens of other women and men in the same darn boat. It was tough giving my husband a low dollar amount for groceries (no carte blanche) because I somehow disappointed my former employer and therefore lost $300/week before taxes.

On the flip side something else happened: I feel lighter - I feel better - I feel relieved - I am more relaxed these days because I AM DONE with that part of my work history. It was a good run, but actually time to move forward. I know a good job... no, a great job... is just around the corner. An employer that will knock my socks off and give me enough space to show them my stuff. I will give my new employer undivided attention, loyalty, humor, gusto and a bunch of other feel-good things. All in addition to my job description duties and obligations.

In the meantime, I will watch the corn grow and the blue jays play dive bombers. I will feed wild turkeys and put bread out for the chipmunks. I'll play ball with the dog and scratch the cat behind her ears. I will dust the house a little more often and read my book outside in the meditation garden. I will love my husband and give thanks for a roof over our head. I will move forward and know that something better, perhaps grander, is on the horizon.

So bottom line is this:
This Montana woman (unemployed but not unattractive) will never give up; will never let go. I will let God gently guide me to where I'm suppose to be at this crossroad in my life. No matter my mature age, I continue to grow and learn. So can you!