Original Thoughts: Feed Me
The other evening I arrived home at 5:15 pm which is late for me and the pets. When I stepped out of the Jeep I could see one wild turkey on our deck waiting for a hand-out. She has been injured and limps on one foot, hence the title of Hop-a-Long that my husband calls her. [I prefer Little Lady myself]. I throw out a can of bird seed mixed with critter feed for her to enjoy.
I step into our home and the 13.5 pound house cat (name of Sam Marie) is staring me down and not too happy. I immediately open a can of cat food, skim off just 1/4 can per the vet's instruction, and she's now happy as a clam.
I go downstairs and open the basement door. My 95 pound German Shepherd is looking at me with head tilted, saying where the heck have you been Mom? She comes upstairs where I fix her a bowl of kibble, real bacon bits and warm water. Now three pets are happy while I still have my work clothes on. REMEMBER: I work one-day-a-week as a legal assistant while searching for permanent employment.
I realize I am good and hungry and tired. The hubby is out "with the boys" so I'm on my own for the dinner hour. I pour myself a Smirnoff Cranberry & Lime bottled drink and place a Safeway Select $1.69 meal in the microwave. I place the TV tray in front of (what else) the television and settle in for House Hunters. I know that once dinner is over I'll wait 60 minutes then get on my bike for an evening ride.
Life is good. It's all a matter of listening to your body and what YOU need. Once I brought in the mail, fed the animals, fed myself and read the Daily Inter Lake I knew I could settle in for the evening.
That means a good book; a nice hot bath; using Vitamin C toner and moisturizer on my pretty little face; plucking a few chin hairs; flossing my teeth like crazy; and watching Chelsea Lately at 9pm. I enjoy clean sheets on my bed and a night of uninterrupted sleep with the dog in an "S' curve right next to me.
I try diligently to take care of self. By this I mean I take care to keep positive, balanced, hopeful, and give thanks for the good things in my life. It could be a wonderful sunflower that the white tail took a nibble out of, or a sweet tomato that made it through the frost, or an editorial in the paper that made me stop and think, or a cartoon that caused me to laugh out loud.
I may be middle aged. I may be permanently laid off. I may have a few more face wrinkles than the model on the cover of AARP. But I have family, friends, pets, good responses to my cover letter and resume. My husband loves me without my paycheck and God loves me no matter my situation.
Feed yourself to keep sane in these trying 10.10.10 times.
I step into our home and the 13.5 pound house cat (name of Sam Marie) is staring me down and not too happy. I immediately open a can of cat food, skim off just 1/4 can per the vet's instruction, and she's now happy as a clam.
I go downstairs and open the basement door. My 95 pound German Shepherd is looking at me with head tilted, saying where the heck have you been Mom? She comes upstairs where I fix her a bowl of kibble, real bacon bits and warm water. Now three pets are happy while I still have my work clothes on. REMEMBER: I work one-day-a-week as a legal assistant while searching for permanent employment.
I realize I am good and hungry and tired. The hubby is out "with the boys" so I'm on my own for the dinner hour. I pour myself a Smirnoff Cranberry & Lime bottled drink and place a Safeway Select $1.69 meal in the microwave. I place the TV tray in front of (what else) the television and settle in for House Hunters. I know that once dinner is over I'll wait 60 minutes then get on my bike for an evening ride.
Life is good. It's all a matter of listening to your body and what YOU need. Once I brought in the mail, fed the animals, fed myself and read the Daily Inter Lake I knew I could settle in for the evening.
That means a good book; a nice hot bath; using Vitamin C toner and moisturizer on my pretty little face; plucking a few chin hairs; flossing my teeth like crazy; and watching Chelsea Lately at 9pm. I enjoy clean sheets on my bed and a night of uninterrupted sleep with the dog in an "S' curve right next to me.
I try diligently to take care of self. By this I mean I take care to keep positive, balanced, hopeful, and give thanks for the good things in my life. It could be a wonderful sunflower that the white tail took a nibble out of, or a sweet tomato that made it through the frost, or an editorial in the paper that made me stop and think, or a cartoon that caused me to laugh out loud.
I may be middle aged. I may be permanently laid off. I may have a few more face wrinkles than the model on the cover of AARP. But I have family, friends, pets, good responses to my cover letter and resume. My husband loves me without my paycheck and God loves me no matter my situation.
Feed yourself to keep sane in these trying 10.10.10 times.