My Thoughts: Camo Rules

I walked out to the newspaper tube this morning, admiring the early morning fog and the gentle rain at 8:00 am mountain time. I took in a deep breath and gave thanks for a new day. The neighbor across the way saw me, waved big and then laughed out loud. I had no indication of what he found so darn funny.

I then looked down. I was wearing moose flannel pajama's, men's mud boots and an over sized camo jacket with the hood pulled up to cover my hair. [There was one wild streak of bright blond and gorgeous gray peeking out of the hood.] I then realized...yikes...I had no make-up on, which typically includes a cover-up stick that supposedly covers freckles, sun spots and raccoon eyes. It's camo for the face.

As Chelsea Handler would say: "I was a hot mess."

I wear camo because it's quiet; light; waterproof; windproof; breathable; durable; comfortable. Most important to me is camo SHOUTS Montana.

The jacket I wore this Sunday morn is not the only article of clothing I own in camo. My hobo bag is camo; my Jeep seat covers are camo; the ice scraper I have is enclosed in a soft mitten of (yes) camo and sheepskin. In the guest bedroom you will find a camo comforter and when the tabby cat lays down on it, you can't see her at all.

Yes, camo rocks my world and I wouldn't change that for the world.