Original Thoughts: Blessings
For those of you that follow this blog, you are well aware that although I don’t attend a specific church here in the Flathead Valley, I do believe in God. I consider myself as sitting on the fence between reborn Christian and the Lutheran teachings of my childhood. Bottom line is this: I believe there is a higher power and I depend on that same power to get me through any challenge that comes my way.
I am a strong believer in giving thanks. So this post will be similar to my daily prayer, with head bowed and fingers looking like a child’s church steeple.
Good morning Lord, good morning!
Thank you for this day of new beginnings, and thank you for my good health...
Help me to be kind, gentle and understanding...
Forgive me for my sins...
I know with your guidance all is possible, and love heals all.
I’d like you to look down today at my family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and acquaintances. And in some cases, people I’ve never met. Guide them; protect them; comfort them; heal them; forgive them.
Thank you for being a presence in my life...
Thank you for the tests, and let me learn my lessons...
Thank you for my home and family...
Thank you for food in the frig and money in the bank...
Thank you for our jobs and health benefits...
Thank you for the simple beauty that is Northwest Montana.
Help show me the way when I can’t see straight due to stress and worry...
Let me know that I am not alone.
In God’s name I trust, Amen.
I am a strong believer in giving thanks. So this post will be similar to my daily prayer, with head bowed and fingers looking like a child’s church steeple.
Good morning Lord, good morning!
Thank you for this day of new beginnings, and thank you for my good health...
Help me to be kind, gentle and understanding...
Forgive me for my sins...
I know with your guidance all is possible, and love heals all.
I’d like you to look down today at my family, friends, neighbors, colleagues and acquaintances. And in some cases, people I’ve never met. Guide them; protect them; comfort them; heal them; forgive them.
Thank you for being a presence in my life...
Thank you for the tests, and let me learn my lessons...
Thank you for my home and family...
Thank you for food in the frig and money in the bank...
Thank you for our jobs and health benefits...
Thank you for the simple beauty that is Northwest Montana.
Help show me the way when I can’t see straight due to stress and worry...
Let me know that I am not alone.
In God’s name I trust, Amen.