Original Thoughts: Giving it Away for Free

If you've been following my blog, or perhaps read my column in MONTANA WOMAN MAGAZINE, you're aware of how strongly I feel about journaling. Keeping an informal diary may someday lead to a full-blown published and popular memoir.

Memoirs are distinguished by their factual content. The writing style may be narrative or expository. Your topics may include subjects such as history, cookbooks, biography, science, or the humanities.

Memoir is typically a book length narrative nonfiction that describes the personal life history of the writer in such a way that the reader may be inspired, delighted, or informed, through empathy and recognition of universal elements of your life’s journey.

And that is why I'm inviting readers to send a short e-mail letting me know what I'm doing right and wrong with this on-line memoir. I'll narrow down the list to two lucky followers and mail them each a new leather or fabric (bound) journal for their enjoyment. There are no hidden costs. I'll mail it out via UPS to your home here in the USA - no strings attached. It is simply a way of saying thank you for reading... and hopefully the encouragement that leads you to pick up a pen and begin to write your story on the blank pages that I've provided you.

Send your suggestions to bellissimomont@centurytel.net with JA'NEE NEWMAN in the subject line. Now, let the contest begin!