Addicted
At this stage in my life I have very few vices. I love cheese burgers, chocolate, cheese sticks, caramel mocha lattes and anything crunchy or with salt. However, now that I'm at my target weight I can no longer dig in. I love a glass of wine, but two give me an uncomfortable buzz and I fear I'll start drinking and never stop. The only cigarette I ever smoked was in 1968 and I almost choked to death. I haven't smoked dope in decades which means I have next-to-nothing to make me feel good. I've been married a long, long time and the passion seemed to sizzle some then burn out. So the next best thing to food, wine, cigarettes or sex is...yes, REALITY TV.
I'm addicted to Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, Kendra and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I adore Sister Wives - I'm totally gaga over Toddlers and Tiaras, and I can't wait until Pit Boss comes back on TV. I watch Yes to the Dress while in bed with the dog. You may be asking why?
It gives me great pleasure. I laugh, I cry, I shake my head and wonder where do these people come from? This type of television serves as filler and fluff for me. I don't gain weight. I don't feel the room spin and get a headache. Its legal and I can do it in the privacy of my own home and don't have to share it with the husband.
It's a release for me. If I'm on the verge of screaming or crying or throwing in the towel, I can turn on the E Channel, or TLC or the Animal Channel. I can get caught up in the drama of their television script and temporarily forget the poop that is going on in my life as a middle-aged Montana bad girl.
Some folks eat until their buttons pop. Others drink until they fall down. Some make meth in their garage. Others have unprotected sex with strangers. Some hit their wife, kick the dog, toss the cat off the porch. Others place a white cross on the ground and pray for the women that have had abortions. There are ways to release anger, pain, disappointment, hurt, worry - all kinds of bad juju. When I'm not writing, I'm watching reality TV. And there it is in a nutshell.
Must run as Pit Bulls and Parolees is due to start in six minutes.
I'm addicted to Storage Wars, Pawn Stars, Kendra and Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I adore Sister Wives - I'm totally gaga over Toddlers and Tiaras, and I can't wait until Pit Boss comes back on TV. I watch Yes to the Dress while in bed with the dog. You may be asking why?
It gives me great pleasure. I laugh, I cry, I shake my head and wonder where do these people come from? This type of television serves as filler and fluff for me. I don't gain weight. I don't feel the room spin and get a headache. Its legal and I can do it in the privacy of my own home and don't have to share it with the husband.
It's a release for me. If I'm on the verge of screaming or crying or throwing in the towel, I can turn on the E Channel, or TLC or the Animal Channel. I can get caught up in the drama of their television script and temporarily forget the poop that is going on in my life as a middle-aged Montana bad girl.
Some folks eat until their buttons pop. Others drink until they fall down. Some make meth in their garage. Others have unprotected sex with strangers. Some hit their wife, kick the dog, toss the cat off the porch. Others place a white cross on the ground and pray for the women that have had abortions. There are ways to release anger, pain, disappointment, hurt, worry - all kinds of bad juju. When I'm not writing, I'm watching reality TV. And there it is in a nutshell.
Must run as Pit Bulls and Parolees is due to start in six minutes.