Blessings
I had no idea that Easter was just one week away! With working five days a week and tending to a husband who has a bad case of the shingles virus, I forgot all about marshmallow chicks and chocolate rabbits. Downstairs in the linen closet I keep a collection of Easter items. I grabbed an armful of stuffed rabbits and placed them upstairs to remind myself that a holiday is approaching.
I could go on to write about baptism, daily prayer time, and my belief that we each have a golden thread connected to Heaven. But this evening, I wish to do something light and bright and easy.
My childhood memories of Easter Sunday are so very, very sweet. I always received a new outfit for the occasion which would include socks and shoes. One year my Mom bought me a "parasol" purse and that made me feel precious and loved. I would parade throughout the house, then go outside and continue to prance about the driveway hoping that people on Victory Boulevard would take notice of the little dark haired beauty.
The night before, we would set out a plate with carrots and lettuce leaves for Mr. Rabbit. In the morning there would be large Easter baskets at the front door and the vegetables would have baby bites taken out of them. Much like the cookies we placed for Santa on Christmas Eve.
The Easter egg hunt was in the back yard, around our built-in swimming pool. Colored eggs would be placed in potted plants, near the diving board, and even in the outbuildings. It was terrific fun. Simple, innocent, no stress, no expectations.
So here tonight, in NW Montana with a storm coming in and hail coming down, I sit and let my mind drift back to those wonderful Easter holidays with Dad, Mom and my baby brother Robb.
I hope they remember too.
I could go on to write about baptism, daily prayer time, and my belief that we each have a golden thread connected to Heaven. But this evening, I wish to do something light and bright and easy.
My childhood memories of Easter Sunday are so very, very sweet. I always received a new outfit for the occasion which would include socks and shoes. One year my Mom bought me a "parasol" purse and that made me feel precious and loved. I would parade throughout the house, then go outside and continue to prance about the driveway hoping that people on Victory Boulevard would take notice of the little dark haired beauty.
The night before, we would set out a plate with carrots and lettuce leaves for Mr. Rabbit. In the morning there would be large Easter baskets at the front door and the vegetables would have baby bites taken out of them. Much like the cookies we placed for Santa on Christmas Eve.
The Easter egg hunt was in the back yard, around our built-in swimming pool. Colored eggs would be placed in potted plants, near the diving board, and even in the outbuildings. It was terrific fun. Simple, innocent, no stress, no expectations.
So here tonight, in NW Montana with a storm coming in and hail coming down, I sit and let my mind drift back to those wonderful Easter holidays with Dad, Mom and my baby brother Robb.
I hope they remember too.