Shall We Dance?
I'm not the most graceful person you'll ever meet. It still blows my mind that I was in drill team in high school. Why you ask? I would start my stutter step on the wrong foot, or pop up my blue pom-pom when it was the white one I suppose to push towards the stars. Team members would almost dance out to the football field, when I would decide to jump and leap like a crazed gazelle. And then stumble over my shoe laces.
I have tripped while wearing my UGGS. I have sat on the edge of a chair at a holiday dinner, then just slid off for no good reason! I ease down eleven stairs in our home with ease, then fall off the bottom step. I am not blonde. I just lack grace..except when I vacuum. When I vacuum I'm a STAR.
When I vacuum I'm like Nancy Grace on Dancing With the Stars, but better. I feel weightless, I move without effort, I dip and smile and hum a tune. I never break a sweat - I never miss a beat. It's just me and the sweet vacuum dancing like Fred and Ginger.
Of course no one knows about this exceptional talent. The dog, the cat, and the Mister are upstairs making like vegetables on the couch while I sashay around downstairs. It's great exercise - it's great fun - and I have yet to trip over the cord.
Yes, I'm not the most graceful person you'll ever meet. But I can dance with an upright vacuum better than most women ten years younger. Now you think about that the next time you see a senior citizen stumble in the grocery store. Bet she cuts a mean rug at home.
I have tripped while wearing my UGGS. I have sat on the edge of a chair at a holiday dinner, then just slid off for no good reason! I ease down eleven stairs in our home with ease, then fall off the bottom step. I am not blonde. I just lack grace..except when I vacuum. When I vacuum I'm a STAR.
When I vacuum I'm like Nancy Grace on Dancing With the Stars, but better. I feel weightless, I move without effort, I dip and smile and hum a tune. I never break a sweat - I never miss a beat. It's just me and the sweet vacuum dancing like Fred and Ginger.
Of course no one knows about this exceptional talent. The dog, the cat, and the Mister are upstairs making like vegetables on the couch while I sashay around downstairs. It's great exercise - it's great fun - and I have yet to trip over the cord.
Yes, I'm not the most graceful person you'll ever meet. But I can dance with an upright vacuum better than most women ten years younger. Now you think about that the next time you see a senior citizen stumble in the grocery store. Bet she cuts a mean rug at home.