Message in a Bottle

I have a close friend that I adore, trust and respect. She is grace under pressure and attempts to see good in all circumstances. No matter a tremendous amount of stress at work, she continues to turn the other cheek and keep smiling. Finances are a concern, but she knows that all will be taken care of by Angels above. These same Angels magically wake her up when she sleeps through her alarm!

She is spiritual, loving, forgiving. She is honest about her feelings, assertive in a good way, and realistic about her future. She knows it will continue to be a struggle as a single working woman in her early 60's. 

I admire her for her independence. I admire her for taking good care of herself all these many years without a partner who shares the finances. She never had to borrow or steal, although she might have begged once for a piece of her early inheritance. She does what it takes to make it all work.

She listens to me rant and rave - she gives me the space that I need and understands my desire for alone time. She gets it when I speak about the difference between attention and affection. And how I sometimes wish I had both from the people that mean the most to me.

The other day she sent me an e-mail and maybe when you read it you'll understand why this woman is so special. In the subject line she wrote Ramblin' Random Thoughts:

Remember that old song a million years' ago...."Is that All there is, My friends" (by some crooner)? Driving home tonight, de-stressing from work, stressing about finances, and trying to say my thank-you prayers all at the same time, that song came to mind. And reminded me of the supreme importance of "Work / Life Balance". If we move through our lives like guinea pigs, frantically working that spinning treadmill - where is the Joy and Purpose of our life here? MAJOR "Note-to-Self" Notice and Embrace God's blessings, i.e. the sunrise, the Super Moons, the birds in song, the fact that God gave us another day to be UPRIGHT, and to see, hear, think, feel all of his wonders! Release the "poverty consciousness" which cripples most of us at any given moment, to some small or great degree. And have Faith in the amazing abundance flowing to us and within us, if we'll allow it. And to always ask for the Most Benevolent Outcome, for the highest good of all, in any given situation.

I'm happy and proud to call her my closest friend.