On the Eve of 61

Volume I of my memoir is complete and has been submitted to more than a dozen publishing houses, in addition to movers and shakers in the literary field. Volume II is written, has a fabulous Table of Contents and all the twists and turns you want to read in a great memoir. I enjoy keeping a journal and I don't mind sharing my past (the good, the bad, the ugly) on this blog.

But tonight is different. I will not be writing about the past, but drafting a wish list for my future. I'm not bold enough to call it a Bucket List. These are simply items I have on my imaginary vision board... as all of my wall space is full.

  • Get a tattoo with the initials of my three grandchildren 'MAI'
  • Have my hair cut short and spiked
  • Allow said hair to go to its natural silver color (my hair is not gray)
  • Snow boarding on Big Mountain - six miles from my house
  • Go hang-gliding in wine country - after having a glass for my nerves
  • Hold my first completed and bound book in my hand
  • Have a book signing with more than two attendees
  • Take a 10-day cruise to Alaska
  • Return to Maui for the surf, sand and snorkeling that I enjoy
  • Purchase a one bedroom condo in Ventura, CA
  • Adopt a pet from a shelter who connects with me
  • Visit Italy and speak the language (good or bad doesn't matter)
Tomorrow when I get out of bed and look up at the Montana Big Sky I'll be another year older. And I like to think I'm wiser too. I know I have a good 20 years ahead of me to be the best that I can be.

I want to fly like a bird. I want to be free to be the true person that I am. A little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. I don't wish to be judged by any person who has not walked in my shoes. I don't want to wear a mask and grade my life an "A" when I might be failing all of my classes. I've been straight; I've been narrow minded; I've been shy; I've been brazen and foolish. Its been quite the ride, and its not over yet.

At this point in my life I want to break free and dance to the beat of my own drum. I'm much happier making my own agenda and driven enough to get it done. So on this next journey wish me luck and wish me peace and wish me clear skies.

+++

Happy Birthday, You're Another Year Older Today (Sheriff John said that)