Back in the Saddle Again

When I arrived back home in Whitefish the temperature was 73; the next day 63; and the third day 53 with snow on Big Mountain.  The atomic clock in the kitchen clearly told me it was 29 or 32 degrees in the morning when I took the dog outside at 6:15 am.  What a contrast to California!

While in the Bakersfield area for four days the temperature ran 90 degrees. When I visited my parents in Simi Valley it then went into triple digits. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in the pool, and not once did I wear long pants, boots or my jacket during my visit. I must admit I miss California's beaches; the warm weather during December and palm trees on every corner.  But when I landed in Kalispell I felt my heart sing and I was so glad to see blue skies, green trees and snow on the glaciers.



I had an opportunity to spend time with an old friend while on vacation.  She said to me, "Montana has been good to you."  And she was right.  I love the crisp air; the friendly people; wild turkeys in the lot next door.  I enjoy having a vegetable garden; a meditation sitting area with wind chimes; and waving to my neighbors when I go out for the mail.

Its my home and the place where I'll be laid to rest when the time comes.  I was baptized off of Blankenship Road [near a river] three years ago this month.  The water was rushing; the eagles were soaring; the day was warm.  It was a wonderful experience and it moved me beyond words.



Yes, I am formerly from Southern California and I had my share of glory days.  But in Montana I flow with the changes of the weather and Whitefish gives me something special each and every day.


CHANGING GEARS:
I want readers to be aware that Pit Bulls and Parolees is back on the air tonight on the Animal Channel.  I have watched and enjoyed this program just as much as Pit Boss.  There is so much to learn about the breed and its important that people realize its not the dog that is angry; cruel; vicious; unforgiving.  It's the owner that makes the pet.  These dogs, as well as my German shepherd, frequently get a bum rap.  They are thought to be attack dogs or fight dogs.  This is so far from the truth.  If you're a pet lover, please tune in tonight to watch Pit Bulls and Parolees so you may have the opportunity to open your mind; your heart and perhaps even your wallet.


Happy trails.