Clueless

Here I sit with my Kleenex; a bottle of Vitamin C; a glass of orange juice; a box of Mucinex all in an attempt to get rid of a terrible head cold.  I've done everything from cry in the bathtub; to pray at the side of my bed; to blaming the weather; to shouting at the dog due to my frustration at being ill.

I'm not a nice person if I don't feel in perfect balance, and the last several days my diet and sleep habits are completely out-of-whack.  Yes, I feel sorry for myself and I want to have a pity party with chicken soup, soda crackers and real 7-up.  I want to sleep through the night and wake up tomorrow feeling happy, refreshed, healthy and full of energy.  

Then I remember what 'Sandy' did to the East Coast and I feel like a damn fool. All I have is a head cold.  I have a roof over my head; a 4-wheel drive vehicle in the driveway and the refrigerator is full.  I have electricity; running water; family; pets; neighbors.  I have lost nothing but a few brain cells, and here folks have lost everything.

So I'm going to snap out of it and send prayers to those that really need it. 

I wish I could say I had a blonde moment but I've simply been selfish and clueless.  Its time to shake the cobwebs out of my mind; take the flannel pj's off; add a little blush to my cheeks and contact the Red Cross.

Sending love and buckets of hope and supplies to all that were affected by Sandy.  You will not be forgotten.