Words Say It All

Sometimes a writer can sit down with a pen and a yellow legal tablet waiting for magic words to appear...and none do.

Occasionally you can power up the laptop; have a glass of Chardonnay by your side and still the mind is blank.

I thought I might write about Father's Day or a recent health scare. I actually considered listing the chores I accomplished today, or how I cried listening to "When I Get to Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton. Then I realized all the wonderful 'quotes' I have written in my journal. These are thoughts penned by others, but words that have touched me deeply.

So this evening I will share some of my favorites, and hope you find one that speaks to your heart.

+++

Finish each day and be done with it.  You have done what you could.
By: Ralph Waldo Emerson

Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind.
By: Rudyard Kipling

You got to look on the bright side, even if there ain't one.
By: Dashiell Hammett

Words can sting like anything, but silence breaks the heart.
By: Phyllis McGinley

Perhaps too much of everything is as bad as too little.
By: Edna Ferber

Nothing has really happened until it has been recorded.
Virginia Woolf

Everyone is necessarily the hero of his own life story.
By: John Barth

If only we'd stop trying to be happy we could have a pretty good time.
By: Edith Wharton

Lead; follow or get out of the way.
By: A former Green Beret

Please read this last quote with care:

Men have holes in their soul the shape of their father.
Excerpt from the book Pursuit of Happyness