Octoberfest
October is special to me. My only sibling (a brother) has his birthday on the 15th and my Mom has hers on the 31st.
My favorite Aunt Dar (now in Heaven) has her birthday on the first of October, in addition to a dear friend that celebrates her birthday on the very same day.
My husband shot his first antelope in October - just yesterday - and it took him over a decade to locate the right hunting spot.
There is Thanksgiving in Canada and Columbus Day for everyone else. And lets not forget Halloween where locals and visitors show up in downtown Whitefish for the traditional costume contests.
And then I remember another special occasion in October - that of my baptism on October 17, year 2009.
So today I'm going to post the script for that day. And also to give many thanks to the Reverend Mary Ann Prescott for doing the honors. It was a wonderful experience with music; incense; rushing river water; and the taste of my own tears.
+++
My favorite Aunt Dar (now in Heaven) has her birthday on the first of October, in addition to a dear friend that celebrates her birthday on the very same day.
My husband shot his first antelope in October - just yesterday - and it took him over a decade to locate the right hunting spot.
There is Thanksgiving in Canada and Columbus Day for everyone else. And lets not forget Halloween where locals and visitors show up in downtown Whitefish for the traditional costume contests.
And then I remember another special occasion in October - that of my baptism on October 17, year 2009.
So today I'm going to post the script for that day. And also to give many thanks to the Reverend Mary Ann Prescott for doing the honors. It was a wonderful experience with music; incense; rushing river water; and the taste of my own tears.
+++
Water is a symbol of humility and service. Water nurtures and sustains all living
things, and yet it seeks nothing for itself – it always flows to the lowest
spot. So, be like water, be humble, and
nurture yourself and others.
Look at the people; look at the job, your circumstances, the
family, the tribe, your home, and say, “Thank you, God, thank you for sending
me these teachers.”
The concept of I Am God says, “I am eternal. I am
beyond the definitions of the ego. I am
beyond death.” Say to yourself several times a day: “I’m universal. I’m infinite. I am what I am. I’m immortal,
here comes the sun. I’m ready.”
Try to see goodness
everywhere. Notice the abundance. Notice the beauty. Move constantly to where there is serenity,
where the God Force dwells, and away from discord and ugliness.
-The
Infinite Self-
Water Baptism was instituted by
God to be an essential part of our Spiritual Foundation. When we are baptised into the name of the
Father we are baptised into the protection and care and fellowship of the
universe as our Father. When we are baptised into the name of the Holy Spirit,
we are baptized into the name, wealth, power, wisdom, and glory of God’s
representation on earth. All that the
Spirit has we are baptised. Being baptised in the name of our Lord is an
essential part of our baptism in water.
Remember that faith is simply
agreeing with God’s Word. When we come
into agreement with God’s Word, He is able to work in our lives in a mighty
way.
Acts 2:38:
Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptised in the
name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift
of the Holy Spirit.”
Acts 8:36:
Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is
water. What hinders me from being baptised?”
Acts 8:37: Then Philip said, “If you believe with all
your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is
the Son of God.”
QUESTIONS:
Do
you turn to Jesus Christ and accept him as your Savior?
Do you put your whole trust in His grace and love?
Do you promise to follow and
obey Him as your Lord?
There is one Body and one Spirit; there is one hope in God’s
call to us;
One Lord, one faith, one Baptism; One God and Father of all
The Lord be with you. Let us pray.
PRAYER:
Deliver Sandra, O Lord, from the way of sin and death
Open her heart to your grace and truth
Fill Sandra with your holy and life-giving Spirit
Keep her in the faith and communion of your holy Church
Teach Sandra to love others in the power of the Spirit
Send her into the world in witness to your love
Bring Sandra to the fullness of your peace and glory.
AMEN
***
Acts 22:16:
“And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptised, and wash away your sins,
calling on the name of the Lord.”
Galatians 2:20:
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ
lives in me; and the life which I now
live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave
Himself for me.”
Romans 6:5-6:
“For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we
also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection.”
****
Sandra, I baptise you in the Name of the Father, and
of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. You are sealed by the Holy Spirit in Baptism
and marked as Christ’s own forever. The peace of the Lord be always with
you. Amen.
*****
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in
heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our
trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory,
forever and ever.
Amen.
“GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN” by Sarah Evans
Water Baptism Condensed: Author Ken Birks, Pastor/Teacher