The Best of Intentions
Sometimes
my mind will jump around in the early morning hours like a pogo stick on a
cement sidewalk. I'll go over each
task I failed to do the day before, and then focus on the many obligations I
have to do this new day.
Who said early
retirement is relaxing?
I
need to call the eye doctor as the receptionist reports I haven’t been in for
five years. I
must schedule a dental cleaning by the end of the December.
I
need to phone the dermatologist and have her check the ‘freckles’ on my face. I
must schedule an ultra-sound of my kidneys as the MRI found a cyst on each one.
I
need to get a pedicure whether or not I’m wearing boots for the next several
months. I
must write a check to the water company for the payment I forgot to send in
October.
I
need to take both senior pets to the vet for their respective check-ups. I
must locate the two pillow cases that hold all of my winter clothing.
I
need to call 'Grease Monkey' and schedule the oil change I missed in August.
I
must save enough money to place the winter studded tires on my Jeep this month.
And
the list goes on and on and I have yet to rub the sleep out of my eyes!
Working
full time placed a lot of obligations on my back burner. This would include spring house cleaning and finding the perfect recipe for the fried turkey I would like to
prepare for Thanksgiving.
It’s
now time to go down the list and get busy.