2015 Resolutions
To begin...I have no new year resolutions and will therefore make no promises of goals I may not reach. There's enough stress in everyday living, why add more to your plate?
I would love to say my 2015 List includes losing seven pounds; begin weight training; increase my bike riding to that of ten miles each day; make an appointment for botox; empty my closet and donate everything I've failed to wear in the last fifteen years. Its not going to happen.
This new year will find me giving thanks each day for all that I have:
A husband who reads my moods and desires
A comfortable home with a mortgage I can afford
Credit card debt that is below $1,000
Two pets that adore their people parents
My folks that are together and happy and well (both in their 80's)
A refrigerator that has a variety of food in it
A coffin freezer full of venison; antelope; elk and trout
A thermostat and cental heat that works its butt off
Health insurance through Safeway, Whitefish (MT)
Good friends that share common interests
My best friend 'Marty Margarita' who remains a mentor and sometime shrink
A social security check that will receive a 1.7% increase due to cost of living
I will give thanks to God that watches my every move and forgives me anyway
I will give thanks to Virg that is now a serene angel in Heaven
I will give thanks to Bob that is standing by her side, just as he did in life
Sometimes its not the toys we have. To me it's a Montana sunrise that is full of raspberry color clouds and a brilliant blue sky behind it. Its a dark brown wild rabbit in the yard; its the bald eagles that fly over Highway #93; its laughing at Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN New Year Eve's party.
What I'm trying to say is... its the small stuff. It's what makes me smile or laugh out loud. Its music that touches my heart; its lemon body lotion that helps me to relax; reading the Sunday cartoons; watching movies on the Hallmark channel or tuning in to House Hunters International.
My advice at the tender age of sixty-three is appreciate all the good things in your life. Take nothing for granted and when you cannot trust yourself - hand it over to God and let him take the wheel.
Happy trails,
Ja'Nee