Give the Gift of Life

Each day people die on the highway, in the air, in their home, in the woods. They die because of an accident, they die because of war, or lack of medication, or die due to a terrible illness. They leave because they hurt, they leave because they love, they leave when they think no one listens, they leave because they believe no one will care. They die of old age, a broken heart, an act of domestic violence, a completed suicide which shows their selfishness and their pain.
 
I wish half of them would have signed a Donor Card to allow a part of their body to save or extend a life. Even if they had poor eyesight, they could allow someone to use their kidneys. If their kidneys had failed them, maybe their heart was strong. If it was a heart attack, then maybe their liver could allow a child or adult to live months, years longer.

I want to help. I am a registered organ donor. It's written in my Will and I tell my friends and family it's something I wish to do. I need to do. The only curve ball is the selected recipients must be registered organ donors themselves. Why in the world would I donate a body part to someone who is not willing to do the same?! For more information...refer to my October 29, 2011 blog entryy.

Please think about it. When you renew your driver's license, check that important little box. Or speak to your physician, psychiatrist, attorney. Use the search engine of your choice and find a website you're comfortable with. 


I want to help. I am a registered organ donor.