My Vacation Was Grand

In spite of the fact that I returned to MT with a CA head cold, my short visit was full of fun; family; food; and fabulous room service.  Some of the highlights:
 
  • Having a full row to myself on Alaska Air and not having to pay extra
  • First bag free both trips which saved my pocketbook $50
  • Ordering room service two nights in a row (with a glass of nice wine)
  • Ordering New York cheesecake for dessert (covered with berry sauce)
  • Eating Del Taco nachos in bed while watching the boob tube
  • Reading The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein in one afternoon
  • Spending quality time with my daughter and three grandchildren
  • Watching my two granddaughters get their eye brows threaded (ouch)
  • Spending a quantity of time with my parents and chatting
  • Swimming and sunning by a community pool
  • Going to bed early and getting up late
 
I had no stress; no worries; no dishes to wash and pets to feed.  The seven days were about ME-ME-ME and that is how it had to be.
 
Today is the first day I have not taken over-the-counter cold medication.  I wrapped myself up and took the dog out into the 49 degree sunny weather.  I watched the wild turkeys parade up Primrose Lane and a large hawk fly over Deer Trail.  I picked the last two cucumbers from the garden and put out seed for the birds that drop by daily.
 
Hubby is fine; dog is getting stronger; cat is happy.  Bills are paid; newspaper read; one load of laundry complete.  Dusted like crazy; ran the dishwasher; emptied the trash and said my prayers like a good woman should.
 
I am home and settling back in.  Don't forget to take time out to pamper yourself and listen to the music of life.