Home Again
I've returned to Montana after spending eight quality days in Southern California. As Delta flew over the colorful Flathead Valley, I felt like I could breathe again.
Don't get me wrong. My trip was fabulous and I enjoyed quality time with my parents, who recently celebrated sixty-six years of marriage. We met up with my daughter and three grandchildren at The Red Lobster in Santa Clarita, where we enjoyed great food and conversation. I then drove by our old home in Castaic and up near the dam at the lake. Many good memories of friends and fishing tournaments!
Time spent with my family is precious to me. Its challenging to stay in touch throughout the year--but we make it work. I send cards, e-mails, and call on holidays. There is always a little voice that whispers in my ear "You should live closer" but Whitefish is where I am happy and healthy.
This morning I stepped out on the deck with my coffee and was greeted by wild turkeys while I took pictures of our pumpkin patch, towering corn and sunflowers. It made me smile; the simple beauty right here on our half-acre of land.
There are three things I miss about Southern California: My family, the boardwalk located at Ventura Beach and the palm trees. Guess I could purchase a palm tree at Lowe's then place it inside the house...but its not the same.
I feel at ease and all is in perfect balance today. Wishing you happy trails.