Personal Responsibilty
It’s not okay to pass the blame for something that I did. My family and friends are not doormats and neither am I. I was recently told that if I really loved them I would accept responsibility for the things I did; the harm that I caused.
I’m not talking about pointing fingers and fighting over stupid stuff. Some things do not really matter. I'm talking about the big issues in life where I failed as a wife, a parent, a sibling or friend. I'm talking about the actions I caused that made some individuals lose their trust in me, and respect will not come back any time soon.
Holding yourself accountable is one of the most important things you can do to grow to your full potential. The lessons range from responsibility for a task to taking ownership of the result. Failures bring opportunities to try again.
Without accountability, a person never learns to follow and therefore cannot lead. People who are not ever held accountable have no reason to believe they ever will be. The learned lesson is that anything and everything goes.
Responsibility needs to reside squarely on the shoulders of the person responsible. That would be me. It’s simply about accountability. This doesn't mean I'm going to call or reach out. It means I have given it some thought and realize that not all of my life decisions were wise.
To sum it up: I'm looking forward to spring and the new beginnings it will bring.