I Am a Blog Owner
I’m not an advice columnist, although I’m quick to write about perseverance and tenacity. I’m not quite the comedienne, but readers state that humor shines through many of my essays. I'm able to write silly, sarcastic and sentimental articles and get paid for it.
I do not have a college degree; I no longer own a business; I am currently estranged from my daughter. I do not tan because I'd rather my face not resemble a leather purse. I have no serious illness, but will have a baseball sized fatty deposit removed from my thigh next month. I sometimes wonder why I continue with a blog? What is my contribution as Ja’Nee Newman -- do I truly have a message to give? You betcha.
No matter your age, marital status, occupation, weight, emotional baggage, religious beliefs or yearly income -- a woman has options. She can sit and simmer; she can fight or flee; whine or drink wine; plan for her future happiness.
My personal mantra has always been to laugh or to cry. Throughout my 66+ years I’ve evolved into an opinionated woman. I believe that negative attention is bad medicine and unconditional affection is the salve to heal most wounds. I want readers to know that they are capable of great things no matter the situation. Never allow anyone to hold you back, no matter their designated label.
My message to new readers is this: I trust that we’re placed on this earth to learn, give back, uplift, fix wrongs, laugh and dance in our socks or cowboy boots. Accept your failures; remember your successes; know that you are not alone. Life's circumstances can change quickly (much like weather here in Montana where it snowed on Easter Sunday.)
All the best to each and every one of you!