You Are What You Eat

I am no longer a plus size woman. I no longer wear an XL top and Size 14 jeans. I no longer weigh 173 or even 163. The process of eating to live and not living to eat was slow and painful, and many evenings I would go to bed hungry because I was petrified of the weigh-in the next day.

I step on a scale every Friday morning, before my first cup of coffee. I take off my night clothes and socks in an attempt to get the number lower. Sometimes I don't want to look down at the display because it may upset my stomach for the remainder of the day. I know!  I'm a boo-hoo baby.

At 66 years of age I am currently 5'7" and 160 pounds. I now purchase skinny jeans (love that Spandex) in a size 10 and although my HEAD screams that I'm overweight, the MIRROR reflects a woman that's on the slender side. Happy days are here again.

It's hard for me to forget about my Big Mama clothes, a bowl-of-jelly tummy, and always reaching for size 14 out of habit. I now exercise every other day and alternate with the treadmill, Tai Chi and a general fitness class. I attempt to eat in moderation and stop at one glass of wine. I enjoy a variety of foods on the weekends (some full of sugar), then right back to good Ja'Nee come Monday. Sometimes I'll travel to McDonald's on a Saturday morning for a cinnamon bun and hazelnut coffee with whole milk.  This I enjoy while slowly driving home and then get rid of the evidence before I walk into the house. 

Hubby doesn't need to know that I sometimes have a weak moment.  All he needs to remember is that I weighed 181 lbs. when we married in the summer of 1990.  I believe I'm going in the right direction, along with the scale.

Happy trails.